Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Day Blog

Ok, this is going to be a short blog, because i didn't know where to start and secondly, I'm a bit tipsy ( yes I'm normal)
Im currently on a 21 day fitness plan, and I'm almost on my 3rd week. This plan was made by Corey Gregory from Muscle Pharm. i found it on bodybuilding.com It involves interval cardio and high intensity circuit or just say HIIT ( High Intensity Interval Training) so far it has been woking really nicely but there are marginal effects.
So here is what i did today. Its called as Workout A, which targets the upper body. Don't worry you can find the summary at the bottom.
I started with 20 minutes of interval cardio. So it was like 1 min walk at 6 km/hr and then 1 min run at 10 km/hr. so at the end of it you end up doing 10 min walk and 10 min run. Trust me interval cardio is wayyy better than your average walk or jog if you are looking for fat loss.
I took a 2 minute rest after cardio and  then went for weights. (yay cardio over)
I had to do total 4 circuits so i elected to do flat chest press, seated row, shoulder press, bicep curl & triceps kickback for the first circuit. I don't really lift heavy, i believe in hitting moderate or optimum weight suited for your muscle fibres.
The 2nd circuit was slightly different, this time i did cable flyes, lower back extension, shoulder press, bicep curls and finish off with triceps kickbacks.
Now time to do another cardio, this time i had to do a 10 min cardio so i went for the cross trainer.
This is the time i realize blogging isn't for me, maybe I'm going to make a fool of myself. But then i have faced a lot more humiliation in my life so i can continue with blogs ;)
Time for circuit number 3. Im getting bored but best i finish it quick. For circuit no.3 i did incline chest press, lateral pull down, shoulder press, bicep curls and triceps kickback.
Circuit number 4, and I'm almost done. This time a little different, incline flyes, lower back extension, shoulder press, bicep curl and finish with triceps kickback.
Yess done!
Perfect time to pound the recovery drink. I promise i will tell you about my supplements in the next blogs.
And after workout as i came back home, i was told that i HAVE to go and drink alcohol.
Alcohol isn't the best beverage to be had post workout but 1 pint can be kind of helpful. It doesn't really hurt.
I will blog the intro tomorrow, this is just like a pilot blog to get the feel of things. But thanks to my girl friend who encouraged me to write.

Training summary
20 minutes Interval cardio
Circuit 1 - Flat chest press, Seated row, shoulder press, bicep curl, tricep kickback - 20 reps each
Circuit 2 - Cable flyes, lower back extension, shoulder press, bicep curl, tricep kickback - 20 repseach

10 minutes of interval cardio
Circuit 3 - Incline chest press, lateral pull down, shoulder press, bicep curl, tricep kickback - 20 reps each
Circuit 4 - Incline flyes, lower back extension, shoulder press, bicep curl, tricep kickback - 20 reps each.

I dont offer free advices, People dont follow free advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment