Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hangover Prevention

Ah the one condition which does not have any scientific cure. But so what! It is still preventable, if not preventable then at least its effects can be reduced.
The reason I am writing this article is because, I think I have successfully negotiated a hangover which was caused by last night's drinking :p
As far as I am concerned, I did not have a headache or dehydration, acidity in stomach, etc etc and all other symptoms of hangover. I had none of that today. But to be fair, I didn't have the fresh feeling and a deep voice. Of course I'm not a chamatkari baba (magician) to have found the cure for hangover. But this is much better than a hangover.
So this is what I did, as soon as I found out that I would be drinking, I had 500 ml of water and a nice strong tea. Water will make sure that I don't dehydrate and tea will make sure I get enough caffeine to prevent a headache.
As the drinks started flowing, I ordered a chicken burger with bacon strips. Sounds Unhealthy right? But It has just enough fat to grease up the internal lining of the stomach. So alcohol wont sit in your stomach. It would also slow the rate of alcohol metabolism and not give you the acidity feeling next day.
Drinks like beer tend to have more calories and also makes you full. Whenever possible, its best to avoid beer.
The drink with the least amount of calories is white wine, just 84 calories a glass. Red wine has 88 calories and beer has in the range of 140-200 calories a pint.
After Drinking is done, it is really important to drink an additional LITRE of water. And if a liver health promoting capsule is available, take it! I generally go for a Milk-Thistle pill which has Dandeleon extract too. So Liver and Kidney is taken care of.

Next Day when you wake up, there would be slight soreness or none at all. I always make sure to have at least 2 cups of caffeine to prevent headache. Of course by the end of the day I always make sure to have drank an additional litre of water than my regular water intake.

You have been warned, excessive drinking of water can cause urination :p But its a small risk to take ;)

I don't offer free advice, People don't follow free advice.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks dude, i tried this and it works

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many types of hangover supplement available in the market. But if you want to know what the best supplement is then I will tell you it is Detoxicated. I personally use this and it works great for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used this too because it's actually backed by science. Detoxicated has Vine Tea, White Willow Extract, and Prickly Pear in it- all are proven to help metabolize alcohol and support your liver! Highly recommend!

      Delete